PAWA is radical new platform for performance art in New Zealand running from the 8th-12th of November in Wellington. PAWA will bring together a wide variety of performance artists from around New Zealand with the intent to stimulate critical discourse, broaden audiences, and strengthen artistic ties. It will not only serve as a space to host work but also as a space of giving and sharing, a space to create dialogue in the vein of reciprocation and celebration. It aims to showcase work that is challenging, engaging, and at times, quite confronting. Our hope is to see performance artists and participants leave this event with new ideas, a deeper understanding of performance art as an art form, and a more connected sense of community.
- PAWA// is about fostering the development of the performance art community in New Zealand by having a platform for discussion and displaying works.
- PAWA// is about gaining increased awareness and recognition of Performance Art practises in New Zealand.
- PAWA// is about stimulating an interest for and expansion of audience participation in performance art.
- PAWA// is about encouraging the exchange of ideas, information and skills for the advancement and dissemination of performance art
- PAWA// is about inclusivity of culture and accessibility. It is open to dialogue from people with different limitations, different backgrounds, different experiences, and different understandings of space.