Performance Artists 2018
PAWA 2018, 14th-18th November, Wellington City, New Zealand
We are now accepting applications for the second edition of Performance Art Week Aotearoa.
PAWA is a 5 day performance art festival dedicated to showcasing performance artwork from around Aotearoa and the world, developing knowledge and building community connections. We encourage artists to stay for the full week if possible, as our programme includes heaps of awesome opportunities to learn new techniques, network with other artists, and view lots of amazing performance art pieces! PAWA aspires to be an accessible event so most of our events will be koha or low cost.
We are looking to create a diverse programme with durational, participatory, indoor, public, and site-specific performances, alongside workshops, discussions, and other undefinable happenings.
PAWA 2018 is open to range of thematic performance works, as we aim to construct a festival from what artists have to offer; instead of dictating a theme.
(This year we are especially interested in showcasing projects that are engaging with public space.)
What we can offer?
- PAWA will provide artists with a $100 transport subsidy for all artists coming from outside Wellington.
- PAWA will provide an artist fee for each participating artist that will be a minimum of $50 (more if funding provides).
- PAWA will provide accommodation for any artists coming from outside of Wellington.
- PAWA will provide a free breakfast for four days during the festival.
- As a participating artist you will have free access to all events taking place in the festival.
- PAWA will provide you with high quality photographic documentation of your work.
- If you are interested in holding a workshop or a discussion there will also be a fee provided.
How to apply?
- Send us a proposal for your work that includes the concept, the pragmatics of what you will actually do, any technical or spatial needs you may have, and any photography or video that is relevant to the piece.
- We want to know a bit about you and your practice so please include a CV or a introduction to who you are, what you are about and why you would like to be involved – feel free to present this information as formally or informally as you like. Please include any links you may have to your own website, former work, your instagram, etc.
- **Let us know if you intend to attend the whole festival.**
- Please send us this information in ONE PDF document or a video file using your full name as the title. (If you are neurologically diverse or have physical limitations that will impact your ability to send in a PDF or video proposal, please get in touch with us, we are open to accepting other kinds of proposals.)
- We are happy to discuss any queries you may have, just get in touch!
- Email us your applications at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Sara Cowdell on 0273761729
Due 5pm, 18th July 2018.